Exo' III deletions for sequencing

Thon de Boer deboer at bio.vu.nl
Sat Jan 18 09:31:13 EST 1992

Clinton Grant writes:

> 	I am interested to hear from people who have produced Exo' III deletions
> for sequencing: what are the best protocols; are commercial kits the way to go;
> what are the quirks with the system?
> 	I wish to sewquence a 3kb insert in pBLUESCRIPT KS-.

We are using the Erase-A-Base kit from Promega and it gives variable results.
We had to adjust the ligation step of the protocol (O/N plus extra Ligase,
instead of 1 hour) and one time point can result in clones with random
deletions. But I prefer this over subcloning anytime.

Sincerely, Thon de Boer

---------
Disclaimer : No connections with Promega