Tet selection problems in pBR322

WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTNET.GOV WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTNET.GOV
Fri Jan 10 14:46:39 EST 1992

Bill Warren says in part:

>In a control experiment we transformed unmodified pBR322
>into JM83 and observed ten-fold less colonies when plating on 12ug/ml
>Tet than when plating an identical amount on 50ug/ml Amp !

I'm not much help, but you're not alone, Bill.  I've had even less success
with Tet selection of pBR322 transformants than you.  I've been guessing that
maybe more expression time before plating is needed for Tet resistance than for
Amp resistance, but I don't really now.

Let me know if you get the answer.

Bill Melchior                                ||   Evolution, as described in
National Center for Toxicological Research   ||   J. A. Paulos' _Innumeracy_:
Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||
(501) 543-7206                               ||  "Eventually, primitive life
wmelchior at ntdoc.nctnet.gov                   ||   malls."