Ericomp thermal cycler

Dennis J. Templeton djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu
Thu Jan 9 17:47:15 EST 1992

In a previous article, WMELCHIOR at NTDOC.NCTNET.GOV () says:

>A while back there was a thread on PCR machines.  I wondered if anyone
>had any PCR experience with the Ericomp TwinBlock system: well-to-well

I've used this one and the Cetus machines and the MJ devices machine.

Of the three, the MJ devices is by far the best and most reliable.  Our
Ericomp was back at the factory for 6 months of its first year of life, and
it needs a water supply.  The MJ uses a pellitier device that is utterly
simple

I suspect that the need for "twin blocks" is not as great as the ads would
indicate. Almost always our Ericomp sat half-empty.  If I needed two blocks
I'd buy two MJ's.  Oh, right, I did!

BTW, Mike and John are great guys too, ex starving grad students.

Cetus/ Perkin Elmer is.... well... not.

dennis