Reverse hemolytic plaque assay

Dr. Shoumo Bhattacharya B1 061 sbhattac at mrc-crc.ac.uk
Thu Jan 2 11:17:32 EST 1992

Hi
I am trying to assay the secretion of a protein in mammalian cell culture, and
am trying to set up a reverse hemolytic plaque assay for it. What is the
maximum protein size that can be assayed by this method? Can anyone give me any
tips for this assay?  Can it be done in petri-dishes or does it have to be
done in Cunningham chambers?

2.	Also has anyone made a successful fusion protein with luciferase or
beta-galactosidase with your protein of interest in order to detect its secretion in
cell culture?  This would avoid fiddling about with antibody and complement
etc.

I'd appreciate any comments and help.

Thanks
Shoumo Bhattacharya