Thermocycling machines

Richard J. Hoffmann rjhoffma at iastate.edu
Fri Jul 31 14:03:56 EST 1992

In a somewhat different vein, I have a Barnstead/Thermolyne TempTronic
in my lab on demo.  Is there anyone out there with experience with this
machine who would like to comment?  If the machine is unfamiliar, it
uses compressor-based technology for temperature control, and it comes
in 36 well (0.5ml tubes) and 48 well (0.25ml tubes, I think) models.
I have the 36 well model.  The bid price is very attractive, and yields
and specificity seem comparable to a P-E machine that's been in the
department for a time.  It also operates at about the same speed on
ramps as the P-E.

Dick Hoffmann

Richard J. Hoffmann              Internet: rjhoffma at iastate.edu
Department of Zoology & Genetics   Bitnet: rjhoffma%iastate.edu at isumvs
Iowa State University               Voice: (515) 294-8075
Ames, Iowa 50011