Separation of DNA fragments.

wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu
Fri Jul 31 06:37:18 EST 1992

---- text deleted ----

>dennis
------

Yes, I agree with Dennis.  However, we have used both techniques to
separate DNA fragments, high percentage gel and restriction enzyme to
remove the contaminating band.  Dennis' approach is the better for the
reasons he stated.  I assumed that enzymes were not a viable option (which
has occured with our research) leaving us the only option of high
percentage gel.

If you can "remove" or clear the contaminating band out of the way with an
enzyme, that's your best approach.

David