Separation of DNA fragments.

wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu wetsel_r at wums.wustl.edu
Thu Jul 30 08:38:38 EST 1992

Yes.  Jack up the percent agarose in your gel up to between 3 and 4%.  It makes
for one stiff gel ::grin::  Our lab has used this to separate PCR products
derived from "allelic PCRs" where one allele had a 28 bp deletion in comparison
to the other allele.  However, I should add that the PCR products weren't much
over 500 bp.  A 3 or 4% gel will resolve the difference and separate the 281
from the 271 bp markers in the phi-X-174X HaeIII molecular weight markers.  At
3.3-3.4 kb you will probably have to run the gel for a while, like overnight, to
3.3-3.4 kb you will probably have to run the gel for a while, like overnight, toget the resolution and separation you need for purification...  Good luck...

David