help with det. micro. content of water

PXH at psuvm.psu.edu PXH at psuvm.psu.edu
Wed Jul 29 14:14:35 EST 1992

I am not sure this is the appropriate group for this post, but do bear with me!
I wonder if anyone out there could help me on this one.
There is a product marketed by a company called Medical Tech.
Corp. ( I think) which can be used for determining the
microbial contenet of water.  Basically, from what I
understand, it's like a slide covered with agar which you dip
in the water to be analysed.  You then incubate it
appropriately and can determine the contamination.  So here's
where I need help - are there any other
manufacturers/sources of this product?  Please e-mail me as I
am not a frequent reader of this group.  Thanks in advance!

Deepti Pradhan