Ecoli strains

Michael Benedik bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU
Thu Jul 23 15:25:52 EST 1992

In article <23013.9207231111 at crc.ac.uk>, sbhattac at mrc-crc.ac.uk (Dr. Shoumo Bhattacharya B1 061) writes:
>Can anyone tell me of a source where I can find E.coli strains and
>their genotypes?  Also are E. coli GM48 methylation defective (dam/dcm)? Many thanks
>Shoumo Bhattacharya

Since there are hundreds of thousands (at least) different E. coli
strains around, there is no such thing as a master list. ASsuming you are
interested mostly in cloning strains, the New England Biolabs catalog
has a comprehensive list of standard strains and genotypes. GM48 is
supposed to be dam- dcm-