ethanol precipitation

rybicki at uctvax.uct.ac.za rybicki at uctvax.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 22 10:51:34 EST 1992

In article <1992Jul17.111609.1306 at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu>, afc at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu (Andrew F. Cockburn) writes:

> Disclaimer: Of course, my grad students put their DNA into the freezer
> to precipitate...

Why do they do that?  So ANNOYING!!  I used to think it was because older
protocols had it in, but I now think it's because it's the lab equivalent of an
urban legend, and the buggers don't ever bother to go and look up methods
properly.
|  Ed Rybicki                     |    Now you've got the hang of it      |
|  Dept Microbiology              | There's nothing you can't do with it  |
|  University of Cape Town        |         If you're very into it        |
|  PB Rondebosch 7700             |         You can't go wrong....        |
|  South Africa                   |                                       |
|  fax 27 21 650 4023             |              - Mad John               |
|  ed at micro.uct.ac.za             | (Ogden's Nut-Gone Flake, Small Faces) |