Any opinions on Magic Minipreps(tm)

Ramaswamy K Iyer gene at bach.udel.edu
Fri Jul 3 16:45:42 EST 1992

Dear Bill,
		I have been using the Magic miniprep columns for a while now.
The DNA you get out of this is very clean (even from endA+ host strains), and
works beautifully in all the different reactions I have tried (restriction
digestion, cloning, sequencing, PCR etc.).  In fact we like it so much that
we use it exclusively.  I have scaled it up successfully to obtain large (1-2ug)of clean DNA.
		I should mention that I only buy the mini-columns and the DNA
binding resin, and make up the solutions for the alkaline lysis myself (they
formulations are in the literature provided with the kit).

		I am also using the binding resin to obtain very good quality
single stranded DNa for sequencing and oligonucleotide-directed, site-specific
mutagenesis by Kunkel's method.

		I know that some people do not like kits, but I love this one.

			Ramaswamy K. Iyer

P.S. I am not an employee nor do I have any commercial interest in Promega.
:wq