Any opinions on Magic Minipreps(tm)

Michael W. Smith mws%molly at SDSC.EDU
Thu Jul 2 17:08:19 EST 1992

Hi,
    I have used magic minipreps and am very happy with the quality of the
DNA isolated.  We have sequenced it both manually and by machine.  Promega
states that the resin can bind 10ug --- that seems correct in our hands.
Personally, I have done 18 minipreps in 45 minutes with no distractions on
once (and have had too many distractions since then to work for that long without interruption).

There was a discussion of these miniprep methods several months ago.
Try gopher to get more information.

mike

  *             Salk Institute for Biological Studies               *
  * Molecular Genetics Laboratory     phone: (619)453-4100, ext 376 *
  * P. O. Box  85800                  fax:   (619)558-9513          *
  * San Diego, CA   92138             E-mail: mws at molly.sdsc.edu    *