Transportation of human blood from the Himalayas

Diddahally R. Govindaraju drg2 at po.CWRU.Edu
Mon Jun 29 08:30:43 EST 1992

One of my friends is an anthropologist, and works on the inhabitants
of the high altitudes, particularly, Tibetians.  She would like to
isolate blood from many individuals representing several populations.
She would like to preserve the blood samples for future use in
molecular studies.
She asked me the best method of storing and transporting the blood
samples for DNA isolation.  Please understand that some of these
people live in some of the remotest parts of the earth, and it
could take a few days to mail the blood samples.  I do not know
the answers.  Could anyone help?
Thanks,
Raju