Technical support by E-mail

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Jun 26 10:48:56 EST 1992

>BTW, I talked to Angela Ryan of Promega (biotec at pslc.psl.wisc.edu) and
>was told that Promega DOES NOT monitor messages addressed to
>promega at biotechnet.com eventhough they specifically advertise this in
>BioTechniques. The address that is monitored is BIOTEC at WISCPSL.

I think I should clear this up and be done with it...

It seems that there was a system problem at BioTechNet that
prohibited e-mail from getting to Promega through the address
promega at biotechnet.com. Since no mail was getting to Promega
there, they assumed there was no need to monitor due to lack
of traffic. I understand that this has been corrected and the
address should be an open line through to Promega. I surely
hope that Promega now will monitor this.

I like to contact technical support by e-mail for several reasons:

1. I don't have to repeat my questions to several different
people over the phone until someone can find the answer.

2. I'm not put on hold for long periods of time.

3. I can ask very specific questions and not have the
the information just out of reach of the technical support
person, only to be faxed later with a copy of the spec
sheet (that I already have) and a barely readable answer
to my question. [Was that 10^2 mM or 10^3 uM ???]. I might
as well fax the question and expect a fax back. This is
the same as e-mail.

4. I'm not rushed off the phone thinking I have all the
answers I wanted only to find that I've hung up without asking
about something. I then must call back and start at step 1 again.