PCR enzymes

Joel A. Kreps jak8 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue Jun 23 08:14:08 EST 1992

Dear Network,		6.23.92
I am shopping for PCR enzymes.  I have received a lot of literature
from various companies telling me all about errors rates, process.
etc.  I posted a query earlier on this network and received some
very useful info along these lines.  I plan on using PCR to
amplify cDNA and then cloning the product for sequencing.  I have
some enzyme which I can use, it is called Pyrostase from Molec.
Genetic Resources.  Does anyone have any experience with this
enzyme?   Are there any enzymes I should stay away from (such
as Vent, which I have been told leaves ragged ends which are un-
suitable for RE digest and cloning)?  Any helpful hints will be
appreciated.
		Sincerely,
		Joel A. Kreps