Protein Gel Problems

Wed Jun 17 16:27:00 EST 1992

Dear Netlanders,
	We're currently having a problem with our protein gels.  Recently our
gels have been showing beautiful resolution at the top of the gel but have
been extremely fuzzy at the bottom.  We're using standard SDS-PAGE and have
re-made all of our solutions but the problem persists.  We have reason however
to suspect that our bis-acrylamide may be defective.
	Has anyone else had this problem???  Any suggestions? A month ago
the gels were perfect and now all of a sudden they're not.  We're confused to
say the any and all suggestions are welcomed.  Thanks in advance.
Melissa Melan				Internet:(mmelan at
Department of Biological Sciences
Wellesley College
Wellesley, MA  02181