problems with codon usage in E.coli for trranslation....

IGOR KARDAILSKY IGOR at UK.AC.AFRC.JII
Wed Jun 17 09:43:00 EST 1992

Hi,

I join the request made in the previous posting; so far i get around this
problem by backtranslating the sequences i wanted to express using Ecoli
codon usage table (in UWGCG) and then manually marking those codons that
were actually used in genes. Suggestion for the better ways to do this
wwould be appreciated.
Talking aabout codon usage - does anybody know where one could get rea-
sonably updated tables for diff species in GCG-readable format? I'm aware
of the supplementary issue of NAR for 1991, but its on paper :-( .

Thanks,
Igor Kardailsky
John Innes Institute
Norwich,UK