dissociating cells

howard katz howard.katz at channel1.com
Thu Jun 4 23:55:43 EST 1992

re: dissociating cell sheets for cell surface analysis

David L. Haviland suggested EDTA in his posting.  If that doesn't detach
your cells, a company called Specialty Media sells a non-enzymatic
reagent for detaching adherent cells.  It has worked for 3T3 fibroblasts
and rat basophilic leukemia cells in my lab.  The company can be reached
at 800-543-6029.  The solution contains more than EDTA, but one or more
components are proprietary so I don't know exactly what's in it.

Howard
---
 ~ DeLuxe}/386 1.25 #10146 ~
--