Deprobing nylon

kim at m44.unm.edu kim at m44.unm.edu
Wed Jun 3 10:44:41 EST 1992

Hello group:
I have a Northern blot on Nytran, probed with antisense RNA probe.  I haven't
been able to de-probe this blot.  The manufacturer-recommended method of 65 C
for 2 hours in Tris/EDTA/PPi/Denhardt's didn't work at all, and a much more
harsh method of boiling in 0.1 x SSPE/0.5% SDS was only partially successful.
I remember a BioTechniques article of some time ago that stated that Nytran
cannot be relieved of RNA probes.Does anyone have a better way of doing this?

Daniel Kim