PCR re-amplification

Ashok Aiyar axa12 at po.CWRU.Edu
Tue Jun 2 18:57:39 EST 1992

In a previous article, listona at bionette.cgrb.orst.edu (Aaron Liston) says:

>I would like to hear from anyone who is successfully re-amplifying
>PCR products.  How do you do it?
>Thanks.

Gel purified PCR product (electro-elution onto DE81 paper or
DEAE Nylon membrane) works fine as a template for re-amplification.
I've re-amplified products from 300 bp to about 2.5 Kb.

Whenever I've tried the re-amplification without purifying the
product, I've ended up with tons of primer-dimer.

Ashok
--
  Ashok A. Aiyar   Department of Biochemistry   CWRU Med. School
   		       axa12 at po.cwru.edu
		   aiyar at cwbio.bioc.cwru.edu
                Visit the IBM-PC Sig on Freenet