Preparative PAGE for single stranded DNA?

hey at mbcl.rutgers.edu hey at mbcl.rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 1 14:45:55 EST 1992

I would like to try SSCP (single strand conformational polymorphism)
analsis of heterozygous PCR products.  This will involve running
an a preparative acrlymaide gel, staining w/ ethidum bromide, hopefully
detecting single stranded products, and then isolating the bands of ]
interest.  Does anyone have any insights on whether this will work.
How much single stranded DNA must I have to see a band with
ethidium in an acrylamide gel?  Can I get the DNA out of the gel? How?
Thanks for any info.
Jody Hey
Rutgers University   hey at mbcl.rutgers.edu