single-stranded PCR

Mark S. Whitsitt, N5RJF msw1633 at rigel.tamu.edu
Mon Mar 30 15:50:00 EST 1992

In article <1992Mar30.142854.9212 at news2.cis.umn.edu>, ernest at lenti.med.umn.edu (Ernest Retzel (1535 49118)) writes...

>Why not put a biotin on one of your primers, and fish it out after the
>PCR with magnetic beads?  This has been done for a variety of situations
>already.
>
>Ernest Retzel
>Dept. of Microbiology
>Univ. of Minnesota

How about a reference or two on that.  I am not sure about how to biotinylate
the primer, ie how many biotins per primer, how much does the biotin affect the
PCR reaction , and how do you determine how many/much of the magnetic particles
do you add per estimated biotin content?

Lots of questions huh?

Thanks in advance

Mark S. Whitsitt, N5RJF        Texas A&M University, Dept of Biochemistry
Vice-President W5AC ARC  		  College Station, Tx. 77843-2128
Internet:  MSW1633 at SIGMA.TAMU.EDU 			   (409) 845-0832
Packet/APLINK:  N5RJF @ KE5HE.TX.USA.NA
   "You can't throw darts when you're empty, man." - another Shadelism