Removal of nucleic acids from E. coli extracts

Hugo eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
Fri Mar 27 10:28:15 EST 1992

     I am soliciting opinions on the best way to remove nucleic
acids from E. coli extracts.  I am expressing a recombinant protein
in this organism and using a French pressure cell to lyse the bugs.
Nucleic acid contamination is a bit of a problem and I am seeking
opinions on the best way to remove this contamination.  Please
email any replies I will post a summary.  Thank you.
  Eric R. Hugo, Postdoctoral Research Associate |eric at bcserv.wustl.edu
  Dept. of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics|
  Washington University School of Medicine      |
  Box 8231, St. Louis, MO 63110_________________| (314) 362-3342