making Taq polymerase

John Nash num208jn at MBDS.NRC.CA
Thu Mar 19 07:25:39 EST 1992

In article <9203181521.AA11052 at geneman.wustl.edu>, rick at GENEMAN.WUSTL.EDU (Rick Wilson) writes:

>>The original purification method for Taq DNA polymerase is:
>>Chien, A., Edgar, D.B. & Trela, J.M. (1976) "Deoxyribonucleic
>>acid polymerase from the extreme threomphile Thermus aquaticus"
>>J. Bacteriol. 127:1550-1557
>>A three step method: DEAE-Sephadex, Phosphocellulose & DNA cellulose.
>>Good Luck
>
>Beware!  Hoffman-LaRoche is going after those labs attempting to do this!
>(Speaking from personal experience)
>R. Wilson
>St. Louis

If you are not constrained not to (neat! a double negative!), could
you elaborate, please.  I though that if you followed published
procedures and didn't try and sell it, you could extract it.  Are they
going after PROMEGA, BRL and the rest?

cheers,  John.

Dr. John Nash,                       |
Cell Systems Section,                | Email: Jo.Nash at NRC.CA
Institute for Biological Sciences,   | Mail to "NUM208JN at MBDS.NRC.CA"
National Research Council of Canada, | is forwarded to the first address
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.             | automatically.
      ==>  Disclaimer:  All opinions are mine, not NRC's!  <==