Blunt ended PCR products?

brian at bio.aau.dk brian at bio.aau.dk
Thu Mar 12 11:22:25 EST 1992

Hi out there!!!

I got a problem (who haven't).

Has anyone expirence in getting blut ended PCR products.
I've read in a resent issue of PNAS that there was succes when VENT polymerase
was used. Any comments???
If I treat the PCR product with klenow, do I then have to heat the samples
to ~99 degrees for 10 min to inactivate the TAQ-pol??? (this precedure is
not good since I have to products with the same sequence, but one of them has
a deletion, and if the samples are heated I will get mixed products)

I hope someone has a suggestion, if so please mail.

Peter Kristensen
Department of Chemistry
division of Biostructural Chemistry
Aarhus