Protocol Archiving

William D. Graziadei GRAZIAWD at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU
Tue Mar 10 11:04:00 EST 1992

Don and others have said....

>>....text deleted...
>>How about an archiving site for commonly asked
>>or unusually useful protocols? Examples of things
>>that can be stored there:
>>
>>1. Method for preparing Glassmilk.
>>2. Tricks in fine-tuning PCR specificity
>>3. Ways to avoiding sequencing problems
>>4. Common problems with vectors
>>5. Sources of unusual strains and constructs
>>
>>...and the list goes on. Any volunteers?
>>

>I've been toying with this idea of setting up a molbio protocols
>archive thru Internet Gopher.  In fact, all the messages from
>this group now are archived for anonymous ftp at ftp.bio.indiana.edu,
>in folder usenet/bionet/molbio/methds-reagnts.
>
>But, it would be nicer to separate the questions & discussion here
>from true protocols & recipies.  There is already the start of a
>working protocol list from Jim Brown (here at IU) who has put together
>about 50 recipies used by him and colleagues here.  This is now
>available thru Internet Gopher, where you can browse thru the protocols
>easily, and also search thru them for key words.
>.....text deleted....

Great idea! I have been doing this with a VAX Notes Conference here entitled
Cell_Molecular for a course I teach in In Vitro Cell Biology & Biotechnology.
Currently it is available only to SUNY schools running VAX Notes. Due to
security access via internet and the telnet facility to any university running
Notes is *not* available. However, I'm told that it may be by this summer.

   Regards,

      Bill

   Question: What is remedial mitosis?

   Signature and answer follows:

        / William D. Graziadei, Ph.D. / In Vitro Cell Biology & Biotechnology/|
       /=============================/======================================/_/
      /         US Mail             /              EMail                    G /
     /  MINER CENTER               / GRAZIAWD (Local)                     ___/
    /  SUNY PLATTSBURGH/MINER INST/ SPLAVA::GRAZIAWD (DecNet)            / /
   /  CHAZY, NEW YORK 12921      / GRAZIAWD at SNYPLAVA.BITNET (BitNet)    / /
  /  TEL (518) 846-7144         / GRAZIAWD at SPLAVA.CC.PLATTSBURGH.EDU   / /
 /  FAX (518) 846-8445         / WGRAZIADEI at BIOTECHNET.COM(BiotechNet)/ /

"Remedial mitosis is a math course for cells that can't multiply or divide."
Instructor: Dr. G. Factor; Sections: G1, G0 (Remedial), S, G2, M; Time: Varies