protein expression

Tod Critchlow tcritchl at
Fri Mar 6 02:18:10 EST 1992

Hello there,

Can anybody out there help me out?
I am working on expressing a eukaryotic protein in e.coli.
I am using a T7 expression system, specifically pET11d,
in BL21(DE3) cells.

In order to have my sequence translated I have added an
extra methionine and an extra glycine at the amino terminus
thus covering the primary arginine of the mature protein.
My protein appears to undergo post-translational modification.

What I would like to know is if anyone has
experience engineering post-translationally, modified, eukaryotic
proteins for expression in e.coli.

Tod Critchlow                         |  What the Hell is a
tcritchl at                     |  Signature anyways??
Scripps Institution of Oceanography   |