communication program?

Rob Harper harper at
Wed Mar 4 13:37:09 EST 1992

In <9203041719.AA12407 at> simpson at biovx1.DNET.NASA.GOV writes:

>Dear Netters,
>Does anyone know of a communication program running on a PC that
>would allow emulation of a Tetronix graphics terminal using a TCP/IP
>protocol over an ethernet connection? Thanks and I apologize for
>asking a computer question on the METHODS network, but I thought
>it was worth a try.

KERMIT (Free) Good
SMARTERM (Comercial) Good

Both work on networked PC and provide Tektronic emulation... can be used
with GCG for example to do graphics.

   Rob Harper                     /   E-mail:          harper at
   Finnish State Computer Centre  /   Molbio/software: harper at
   P.O. Box 40, SF-02101 Espoo    /   Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
   Finland                        /   Fax:             +358 0 457 2302