CO2 in cold rooms - a new prespective !!!

PC386 at IL.AC.TAU.VE PC386 at IL.AC.TAU.VE
Fri May 8 19:01:23 EST 1992

Hello Everyone !!!
(I mean all those who did not automatically delete the message once they
 saw the subject : CO2 in cold rooms....)

May I suggest an efficient, simple and not too expensive solution.
I have seen here in Israel, (and I guess it's not only here...) , a small
digital electronic detector W/ an electronic contactor which can be pre-set.
The cost here is about 30-35$ per unit. It shouldn't be too hard to set
something like that in your cold room at 1 meter height from the floor
(below that shouldn't pose any problem). Let it light out in the corridor
a red bulb (or whatever...) when CO2 levels go wild, and off goes the
problem.
Between you and me, I guess the bulb will never light out, but no one has
ever died (or suffocated...) from too much caution...

Best Wishes,
* Benny Shomer                                                   *
* Tel-Aviv University                                            *
* Sackler School of Medicine, Dept. of Embryology and Teratology *
* Snail  :  Sheba Medical Center, Tel-Hashomer, 52625,   Israel. *
* E-mail :    PC386 at VE.TAU.AC.IL                                 *
* Tel :    972-3-640-9238     FAX :   972-3-642-2046             *
*                                     (c/o Dr. R. Ehrlich)       *