Aqua Bidest

Karsten Niehaus karsten at biogene1.uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Nov 5 06:50:29 EST 1992

> A researcher here has an HPLC procedure from a German paper that calls for
> "Aqua Bidest" as part of the solvent system.  We've so far been unable to
> determine what this is -- can anyone help us?
>
> Thanks
> The opinions stated are mine, not those of NCTR or its sponsoring organizations.
>
> Bill Melchior                                ||     OMNISCIENCE
> National Center for Toxicological Research   ||    Knowing what
> Jefferson, AR  72079                         ||    thou knowest not
> (501) 543-7206                               ||    is in a sense
>                                              ||    omniscience.
> WMELCHIOR at NTET.NCTR.FDA.GOV                  ||       from Grooks, Piet Hein

Dear Bill Melchior,

I think you got the recipe for "Aqua Bidest" (correct: Aqua bi destillata).
Since some years I avoid "Aqua Bidest" because it contains more organic
traces (due to the destillation). If you use a UV-Monitor at 180 to 220 nm
in your HPLC system this may cause problems. We found that "Aqua Demin"
(deminralized water) works better.

Karsten Niehaus
University odf Bielefeld
Biology-Genetic