cDNA cloning artifact help or comment

IBELGAUFTS at vms.biochem.mpg.de IBELGAUFTS at vms.biochem.mpg.de
Fri Nov 6 04:27:19 EST 1992

dear colleagues,
I have isolated a cDNA clone from a brain cDNA library.
This clone contains a 3 kb ORF which perfectly matches a known
gene which we are investigating. At one end of the ORF there is a
short 150 bp fragment which does not have an ORF and is not related
to the 3 kb sequence. A search of databases shows that these 15o bp
are not homologous to any known sequence.
Does anyone out there have an explanation for this or could point me
to literature describing similar observations?
Horst Ibelgaufts
Institut fuer Biochemie der LMU Muenchen
im Max Planck Institut fuer Biochemie, Raum F310
Am Klopferspitz 18a
D 8033 Martinsried
FRG