G/C tails in expression constructs

Ross Whetten rosswhet at forbt2.nrrc.ncsu.edu
Wed Nov 11 13:08:00 EST 1992

Hello netters!
I am making an expression construct with a "constituitive" promoter driving
transcription of a full-length cDNA that was originally cloned using G/C
tailing at a Pst I site. Are the G/C tails likely to present problems for
the expression of the fusion gene? There are likely to be 20 to 50 consecutive
G residues in the 5' untranslated portion of the resulting mRNA. This is
a plant construct using the CaMV 35S promoter, if that makes a difference.
Comments from anyone with experience in this issue are welcome, as are any
references to papers that address the question. Thanks.
Ross
rosswhet at unity.ncsu.edu