Oligos for sequencing...

Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au
Wed Nov 11 17:11:21 EST 1992

>Hi Netters:
>
>This may be a common theme or even an FAQ, but since I don't know I'll
>ask anyway.  To those that make their own oligos and do double stranded
>sequencing, what protocols do  you use, if any, in processing your oligo
>after it has been deprotected?  EtOH PPTs? Phenol?
>
>David
>haviland at kids.wustl.edu

G'Day

After deprotection we simply dry our oligos down on a speedvac, wash once
with about 100ul of water, dry down again and dissolve in water.  These can
be directly used in PCR, sequencing etc. after quantitation by OD readings
at 260.

Cheers, Klaus
Klaus Matthaei
Gene Targeting
The Australian National University
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au

"If all else fails : Read the instructions"