Kits and catty bits

the End jgraham at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Nov 14 16:44:30 EST 1992

J.,

Thanks for the support. I've recieved more responses in agreement than scolding
on this. I just can't see how a scientist could approach a new problem by
asking "which kit should I buy ?". The problem of relying on kits is aptly
demonstrated in this newsgroup, where a good part of the discussion is focused
on purchasing various kits rather than the biochemistry involved in the
procedures. Useless to those of us who would never pay a premium to have
someone put together a collection of reagents. The soaring cost of doing
research is a reflection of this crutch, and those of us with smaller
research programs are getting squeezed.

Jim