Removal of Bind-silane

srckbjg at lincoln.cri.nz srckbjg at lincoln.cri.nz
Wed Nov 18 17:58:14 EST 1992

Hi,

(gamma-Methacryloxypropyltrimethoxysilane) made by LKB Bromma to bind
polyacrylamide sequencing gels to the large glass plate, so that you couln't
lose it during fixing etc.  We no longer bother with this method, but
unfortunately most of the plates in the lab are bind-silane treated, and can't
be used for normal sequencing.  So whats the best (and safest) way of
removing the bind-silane from these plates?

Our few untreated plates are getting very battle-worn so your suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Brent Gilpin
Crop & Food Research