seq. gel problems

Michael Holloway ca566 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Sat Nov 21 13:05:43 EST 1992

In a previous article, adeno at (both lab) says:

>We are having problems with sequencing gels lately, we see a lot of smearing
>or patches where the ladder is fuzzy.  Any suuggestions ?
>Thanks for your advice.

High background kind of smearing or are the banks just distorted?  If the
latter then I would predict that it has something to do with pouring the
gel.  If the former then it has got to be a template contamination problem
(assuming that the kit is still good).
E-mail: mhollowa at (mail to freenet is forwarded)
phone:  (516)444-3612