Hybe conditions

Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 24 02:20:01 EST 1992

>Hello,
>a while ago you posted about hybe conditions and recommended the
>following for DNA probe RNA target:
>50% formamide, 2xPE, 7% SDS, 1% BSA at 50 degrees
>When I prepare this solution, all (or most of) the BSA precipitates after
>I have added the SDS. Is this a bug or a feature?
>Thanks for your answer in advance, Cornelius.
>/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
>/* email: krasel at studserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (Internet)   HAS CHANGED!!  */
>/*        NO WIN/X400 MAIL POSSIBLE AT THE MOMENT!                         */
>/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (anonymous)                  *

Hi Cornelius

I have never seen a precipitate. We always use electrophoresis SDS as well
as Fraction V BSA from Sigma.  Is it possible that the precipitate that you
get is from impurities from your reagents?  Otherwise I do not know what
your precipitate could be.

Cheers, Klaus
Klaus Matthaei
Gene Targeting
The Australian National University
E-mail: Klaus.Matthaei at anu.edu.au

"If all else fails : Read the instructions"