nonradioactive northerns

Ed Rybicki ED at micro.uct.ac.za
Tue Nov 24 05:55:54 EST 1992

> In article <jodi.11.0 at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au> jodi at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au (Jodi Lindsay) writes:
> >From: jodi at arbo.microbiol.uwa.oz.au (Jodi Lindsay)
> >We have not been able to figure out what the "enhancers" are
> >so as to make our own.

How about polyethylene glycol MW 4000-6000?  Works well for us at 5-10%
w/v, with RNA or DNA and in presence or absence of formamide.  AMAZINGLY
cheap, too - especially if you DON'T use molecular biology grade...!

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |    "Now you've got the hang of it    |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)        | There's nothing you can't do with it |
 | Dept Microbiology           |        If you're very into it        |
 | University of Cape Town     |         You can't go wrong...."      |
 | 7700, South Africa          |               -Mad John              |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         | (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Small Faces)|