PCR

Mark Schweder mschweder at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu
Tue Nov 24 13:38:55 EST 1992

In article <1992Nov23.184108.61220 at cc.usu.edu>, sl14z at cc.usu.edu writes:
> If anyone could possibly help with information pertaining to PCRing a
> 2000bp sequence, please do so by sending a Vax mail message to this
> address.  I have been attempting to amplify an IGS region from a
> Laccaria bicolor dik. collector Kropp using sequenced primers at
> approx. 15 b (depending on the primer).  I have used low annealing
> temperatures but have only once achieved a fragmented amplified area.
> If anyone has any tips or advice please respond.
>
> 						Thanks,
> 						Steve Albee
> 						Utah State University

Try restricting the template DNA with an enzyme that does not cut within
the target DNA.
   Mark Schweder                | There are three things that smell like fish!
   Plant Science Laboratory     | One of them is fish...
   Agronomy Department          | The other two...
   University of Florida        | Are growing on you...
   Gainesville, Florida 32611   | (Frank Zappa, Jumbo Go Away)
           904-392-1890         |         mschweder at gnv.ifas.ufl.edu