35S Labelling Methods

Goldberg Andrew goldberg at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Nov 26 00:43:12 EST 1992

I'm currently interested in obtaining a recombinant protein from COS
cells for use as a probe for a variety of protein-protein interactions.

To avoid possibly perturbing the protein structure (as produced in COS), I'm
considering metabolic labelling of the COS cell cultures with 35S-methionine.
The post-labelling purification is essentially all ready to go.

I'd very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from folks who have
had some 'hands on' with this method.  Alternatively, a nod to a current useful
reference would suffice.

Many thanks.

--
Mucho Maas       Human Race Life Member - "The best insanity is no defense"