96-well PCR

mcgraw%gandal.dnet at SERVER.UGA.EDU mcgraw%gandal.dnet at SERVER.UGA.EDU
Mon Nov 30 09:35:30 EST 1992

Hi

I posted the message last week concerning a microtiter PCR that quit working
for us.  Most of the replies suggested that the plates were the source of the
trouble.  I am now happy to report that we seem to have a solution to the
problem.  We put BSA in the reactions at a final conc. of 1 mg/ml and they
worked fine.  Same reaction without BSA failed, in the same plate.  So it
seems that reaction components (the Taq maybe) can stick to the plates, and
that including BSA will prevent this.  Thanks to all of you who responded.

					Al McGraw