Ashok Aiyar axa12 at
Sat Nov 7 17:19:32 EST 1992

In article <49462.leonfdo at> leonfdo at CCWF.CC.UTEXAS.EDU (, Leon F. Garcia) writes:

>This may be common knowledge, or it may have been asked before, but I don't\
>know how to access, if possible, MEDLINE via gopher or telnet (preferably for
>free). I would if somebody out there knows how to do this please let me know

MEDLINE can be accessed over the Internet (via Telnet) but I do not believe
that access is free (at least we still pay for it).  For those who are
interested, the NLM MedLine "search" software works fine over SLIP
connections.  I just got it working about 10 minutes back.  The trick is to
use the ETHERSLIP packet driver and not the SLIP8250 driver (on DOS

                             Ashok Aiyar
                     Department of Biochemistry
                         CWRU Medical School
                          axa12 at