cm amplification?

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcsparc6.ncifcrf.gov
Thu Oct 1 10:15:49 EST 1992

Tao Tao writes:

>I really don't think that you need to amplify pUC based vector, since each
>cell has about 200 copies.  What you need to do is to increase the final
>cell density, which could be achieved by better nutrition.  See BRL's
>focus or catalog about the TB (terrific broth) medium.

You don't have to use Terrific Broth to do this. Simply inoculate a
selective LB plate with 0.5 ml of log phase culture and incubate
24-36 hours. Then flood the plate with 3.0 ml of any kind of broth
or saline and scrape the cells from the surface with a glass rod.

Paul N. Hengen
National Cancer Institute
Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201 USA