***Help CHICKEN cell line (urgent)******

jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 6 14:16:03 EST 1992

> I am looking for an easy-to-grow, easy-to-maintain and easy-to-transfect
> CHICKEN cell line. Just about any type of chicken cell line will meet our needs as long as it can be grown and transfected with relative ease.
> If anybody has such a chicken cell line I would appreciate hearing from you.
> Any response is welcome. Thanks.

The only lines that grow in culture other than primary ones are Marek's
Lymphoma derived, there are (to the best of my knowledge) no others. I'm
afraid I don't have a contact for these, though if pushed I *might* be able to
contact a vetinarian who knows unless he has already gone to the Himilayas for
6 weeks vacation !

Anyone knowing of any others???

> Hirdeypal Bhathal
> Dept. of Chemistry
> SDSU, San Diego
> CA-92182, USA
> (619)594-3771
> hsb at ucselx.sdsu.edu
> hsb at chem.ucsd.edu

regards,    jasper

Jasper Rees
The Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
Oxford University

jasper at vax.path.ox.ac.uk