Introns and Exons again...

Dr. N.A. Affara naffara at crc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 7 10:19:36 EST 1992

Is there any way of finding out where the intron/exon (exon-exon)
boundaries are in a cDNA sequence?

I am trying to design PCR primers from a cDNA to work on genomic DNA.
It would help enormously if I could tell where the introns would be.
(Trying to PCR a 50kb+ intron might be a tad difficult! :) )

I have had several replies about max length of introns (200kb?) but not
much about average length of introns and exons.

Thanks very much if you have replied already!

Phil
(E-mail naffara at uk.ac.crc)

--
Kryten (When Cat says why don't we raise the defensive shields?) "A superlative
suggestion sir,with only two drawbacks: one,we don't have any defensive shields