whence Coomassie

Cornelius Krasel zxmkr08 at mailserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Sun Oct 11 12:21:46 EST 1992

In <1992Oct5.115704.15875 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> BI1RGW at ibm.shef.ac.uk writes:

>2. How good is the linearity for conc:stain? Presumably this can only apply
>for a particular protein, since different proteins seem to stain to differing
>extents (or not at all).

There was a quite interesting paper about the merits of Coomassie
Staining in Electrophoresis (I believe, the 1985 issue; I haven't
the reference handy, though, but could dig it out, if nobody else
finds it).
--
/* Cornelius Krasel, Department of Physiological Chemistry, U Tuebingen    */
/* email: krasel at mailserv.zdv.uni-tuebingen.de (Internet)                  */