Lambda libraries

mic255z at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au mic255z at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Mon Oct 12 19:02:36 EST 1992

Dear Netters,

I am interested in using a lambda system to do some primary cloning.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what system is better ie., what are the
relative merits of lambda-ZAP and lambda-DASH compared with EMBL, GEM
or gt11 apart from obvious things like unique cloning sites.

Primarily, I want to clone bacterial outer membrane proteins using specific
antisera to detect recombinants, but I also want to generate lambda libraries
to store for future (unknown) use.  Does this later the comments generated
by the above question?

ANd finally, lambda-ZAP seems a very good system and I am leaning towards
this.  Has anyone used this system with less than satisfactory results?

Thanks in advance,
Helen Jost,
Department of Microbiology,
Monash University.