Largest-Scale Ligation (Help)

JnP pnj at stein.u.washington.edu
Fri Oct 23 19:01:48 EST 1992

Hi, do people know what the largest ligation could be (both
theoretically and practically)?  As far as I know, those that
have been used for library constructions go up to a complexity
limit of 10^7.  Now I am wondering whether there is actually a
practical limit to the number of different sequences one can
handle in a single ligation reaction.  Also, I would like to
know the linear range (of insert/vector concentration) within
which one could get to increase the complexity.  (I have a
pool of degeneracy of 10^9 that I wish to handle, but I don't
think I will get to do 100 ligations or such.)

All opinions, experience, and advice are highly appreciated.

Many thanks!

-Jing Huang