question about the fifth filter on the ABI sequencer

Francis Ouellette francis at MONOD.BIOL.MCGILL.CA
Sat Oct 24 17:04:25 EST 1992

Dear autoseqs readers,

We are just about to purchase an ABI machine, and the issue of the 5th
filter has come up.  I was told by some, that we _had_ to get this new
feature for the ABI sequencer, but all the people that suggested to me
that we should get it failled to explain to me how it works and what
its function really is.  I heard that the people in St-Louis (C
elegans project) have this feature (Did they design it?) on their
Machines ... so maybe they would be best to explain it to the rest of
us.

thanks in advance,

regards,

francis