Why I don't like mailling lists (with appologies)

Francis Ouellette francis at MONOD.BIOL.MCGILL.CA
Mon Oct 26 11:47:23 EST 1992

Why I don't like email lists ...

The major reason why I don't like mailling lists is that you get
people sending "please add my name" to the list and not to the
proper place.  This (unfortunatelly) leads to a lot of "please
remove my name" type messages

If you want to subcribe to any of the BIOSCI groups or to the autoseqs
list, send a short note to biosci at net.bio.net (a real person, not a
listserver) and *NOT* to autoseqs at net.bio.net. If you send to the
autoseqs address, _everybody_ on the list gets your message saying
that you want to be added to the list. (are you blushing already? ;-)

Thank you for reading this note, and sorry for the junk mail for
those of you who already know this ...  but maybe this will
decrease this type of traffic.

regards to all (and the new autoseqs participants!)

francis